® Pregnancy & Birth: Course Two
(8 weekly online classes of 90 minutes each)
DAY & TIME: FRIDAY 2:30–4:00p US EST/EDT (see School Calendar here)
TERM: May 29, Jun 5, 12, 19, 26, Jul 3, 10, 17, 2020
LOCATION: ONLINE via Zoom (please see this link for technical requirements)
Streaming recordings will be available for missed classes.
LEVEL: For Practitioners: First DreamBirth® Certification Program Course.
AGES: 24 and up
TEACHER: Claudia Raiken
® Pregnancy & Birth
Imagery is the language of the body, of experiencing. It is the first language the body understands. As Catherine Shainberg, the creator of DreamBirth
® explains, “The body doesn’t understand words as well as it does pictures. You can’t tell your heart to beat less quickly, but by imagery you can learn to quiet heart beats, to lower high blood pressure, to stop premature contractions…”, to get the baby in the right position, to open easily, to diffuse and lessen pain—the list is endless.
® you can:
• Learn to see, connect and communicate with your baby throughout your Pregnancy
• Create an easeful and beneficial birth environment for you and your baby
• Promote optimal fetal positioning
• Diminish fears
• Help reduce pain during labor
• Accelerate the post- partum healing process
• Minimize side effects of medication
• Create deeper intimacy between you and your partner
DreamBirth is a phenomenal technique to transform fears and beliefs about pregnancy and birth. It also reveals and transforms ancestral patterns that hamper pregnancy and birth, and provides ways to easily handle the additional demands of partners, parents and other children. This course also includes tools for dealing with hospital procedures and birthing personnel that can affect your natural flow. It is a unique and super effective method to create the conditions for a positive birth experience.
® Pregnancy & Birth Course Two
Classes 1-4: Flexibility of body and mind
The main focus of these four classes is developing flexibility of body and mind, which is what birth and mothering require. We will explore how DreamBirth allows us to direct the cells of our body, for its most optimal, easeful functioning. You will learn how your body, your cells, and the unborn baby all move to embody their perfection. You will learn the importance of alignment for comfort and easier birth: With correct alignment there is more room for the baby, allowing an easy descent.
You will learn:
• Exercises that expand and lengthen.
• Exercises to turn breech or misaligned baby.
• The connection between jaw and pelvis, mouth and cervix.
• Exercises for the husband or partner.
Classes 5-8: For Birth Professionals & Parents—Preparing for Birth
The focus of these four classes is preparing for the birth, for both doula and birthing parents, and exercises for postpartum issues:
• Exercises to deal with contractions and hospital procedures.
• Exercises to deal with problems that can arise during labor, including placenta not releasing.
• Exercises for cesarean, or any other intervention, wanted or not wanted; importance of getting body’s (and baby’s) permission.
For birthing professionals and decision-making:
• Exercises for immediately after the birth:
—to connect with baby
—to clear the body if any medications were taken
—to heal any tears or incisions
—to talk to doctors and nurses
—to encourage for milk supply.
Claudia Raiken worked with Catherine on the development of the DreamBirth
® method, with seven other doulas, nurses, psychologists and birth professionals. The method has been producing innovative and successful results for women for over ten years.