DAY & TIME: TUESDAY / 5:15p-7:00p US EDT/EST
TERM: FALL & SPRING
LOCATION: 73 Fifth Avenue #8B, NYC
LEVEL: Beginner through Advanced
TEACHER: Catherine Shainberg
THEME: Greek Myths through Guided Imagery and Face/Body Reading (continued)
Using imagery exercises and storytelling, you will look at Greek myths to discover how Greek gods were defined by their shape and character. You’ll look at people’s faces and bodies to see how the shapes fit the Greek examples and how they reveal “story” and character. Greek gods are iconic prototypes, unlike the people you will study, who are composites of different types. This makes the reading both challenging and exciting.
This is a two-part class:
1. You will study the Greek myths
2. You will look at a variety of faces and bodies to learn how to identify shapes and diagnose character.
Studying morphology will teach you:
- How to recognize, identify and trust your body language and your instinctive responses to people.
- How to recognize and identify body language and instinctive responses in other people.
- How to see people clearly and compassionately.
- How to identify similarities and differences and see how they are useful.
- Discernment that is practical and kind.
- How to replace compulsive oppositional patterns in your relationships (including your relationship to yourself) with the discovery of infinite possibility.
Morphology can show you:
- Who to hire for personal or business services.
- Who to work with, and how best to work with them.
Morphology will also help you:
- Get along better with your in-laws, your spouse, your boss, your children, your relatives or your assistant.
- Not to take things personally—to have more compassion and understanding for others.
Since morphology guides you to see and embrace the true nature of each individual, it is possible to achieve enlightened consciousness through this practice alone.
• Drop-in participation is allowed onsite only
Single classes are $55.
• Students participating by teleconference are registered for the full year only
Full-year registration discount: $45/class.
If there is financial need, tuition may be paid in two payments: 50% on registration and 50% January 15