® Pregnancy & Birth: Course One
(8 weekly online classes of 90 minutes each)
DAY & TIME: THURSDAY 2:30–4:00p US EST/EDT (see School Calendar here)
TERM: Mar 18, 25, Apr 1, May 6, 13, 20, 27, Jun 3
LOCATION: ONLINE via Zoom (please see this link for technical requirements)
Streaming recordings will be available for missed classes.
AGES: 24 and up
TEACHER: Claudia Raiken
® Pregnancy & Birth
Imagery is the language of the body, of experiencing. It is the first language the body understands. As Catherine Shainberg, the creator of DreamBirth
® explains, “The body doesn’t understand words as well as it does pictures. You can’t tell your heart to beat less quickly, but by imagery you can learn to quiet heart beats, to lower high blood pressure, to stop premature contractions…”, to get the baby in the right position, to open easily, to diffuse and lessen pain—the list is endless.
® you can:
• Learn to see, connect and communicate with your baby throughout your Pregnancy
• Create an easeful and beneficial birth environment for you and your baby
• Promote optimal fetal positioning
• Diminish fears
• Help reduce pain during labor
• Accelerate the post- partum healing process
• Minimize side effects of medication
• Create deeper intimacy between you and your partner
DreamBirth is a phenomenal technique to transform fears and beliefs about pregnancy and birth. It also reveals and transforms ancestral patterns that hamper pregnancy and birth, and provides ways to easily handle the additional demands of partners, parents and other children. This course also includes tools for dealing with hospital procedures and birthing personnel that can affect your natural flow. It is a unique and super effective method to create the conditions for a positive birth experience.
For Practitioners, this is the first DreamBirth® Certification Program Course.
• How Imagery works, how it is learned, and how best to respond to the necessity of an image when working with clients
• Exercises to help the mother connect with the baby and exercises that create a sense of safety and support as well as exercises for the practitioner
• All the exercises you will need for problems and issues that arise during the first and second trimesters:
Nausea, fatigue, emotional swings and fears, body image and premature contractions
• Exercises to prepare for procedures
• Most important: Exercises to deal with fears of mothering
• Relationships: Partner, mother, one’s other children, friends, work colleagues, doctors or midwives
• Ancestral issues, stuck patterns, incorrect thinking and growing up the inner child
• Handling emotions that get in the way: guilt, anger, fear, lack of self-worth
• Exercises that build optimism and well-being
• Exercises to deal with previous miscarriages and abortions
Claudia Raiken worked with Catherine on the development of the DreamBirth
® method, with seven other doulas, nurses, psychologists and birth professionals. The method has been producing innovative and successful results for women for over ten years.