DAY & TIME: TUESDAY / 5:30p-7:00p US EDT/EST
TERM: FALL & SPRING
LOCATION:ONLINE via ZOOM (please see this link for technical requirements)
LEVEL: Beginner through Advanced
TEACHER: Catherine Shainberg
THEME: GREEK GODS 2nd Year: Mercury, Venus, Mars
Morphology is the study of the form and structure of living organisms. The word comes from the Greek ‘morphe’ meaning shape and ‘logos’ science. Shape is at the very heart of the mystery of embodiment. From the smallest microbe or snow crystal to huge galactic clusters, plants, animal life and the human body, the same simple patterns reappear: circle, spiral, line, curve.
Our work during this year will be to use our dreaming tools: We will enter into each of these gods, seek to discover their specific embodiment, asking ourselves what it feels like and what it means physically, psychologically, mentally and spiritually to be in their specific embodiment. We will then look at it from the outside and learn to identify in others the signs of these major prototypes.
This year we will cover Mercury, Venus, Mars and may start on the mixed gods—Uranus, Pluto and Neptune—to complete our study of the twelve Greek Gods. By the end of the series you will be able to identify each of these prototypes and recognize how they combine to create in each of us a unique personality. Mars is masculine and combative, impulsive and passionate. By plunging into his story and becoming Mars for a moment can we begin to envision his physical form? What does he look like? What does it feel to be him?
Those who have not yet studied Saturn, Jupiter, Moon, Earth, can catch up through other classes or workshops.
Through studying these stories we can, like the ancient initiates, begin to experience the embodiment they illustrate.
Studying morphology will teach you:
- How to recognize, identify and trust your body language and your instinctive responses to people.
- How to recognize and identify body language and instinctive responses in other people.
- How to see people clearly and compassionately.
- How to identify similarities and differences and see how they are useful.
- Discernment that is practical and kind.
- How to replace compulsive oppositional patterns in your relationships (including your relationship to yourself) with the discovery of infinite possibility.
Morphology can show you:
- Who to hire for personal or business services.
- Who to work with, and how best to work with them.
Morphology will also help you:
- Get along better with your in-laws, your spouse, your boss, your children, your relatives or your assistant.
- Not to take things personally—to have more compassion and understanding for others.
Since morphology guides you to see and embrace the true nature of each individual, it is possible to achieve enlightened consciousness through this practice alone.